Follow kiltedtrvlagent on Twitter

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Eating out in Washington can be an adventure


Wow so I wanted to post something. I really don't have anything to talk about this week. It's a pretty boring week really. Work is long and dreary just as any coal mine should be.

Ok so I don't really work in a coal mine. Hell I don't even work in a basement or an area without windows. It's nice and bright were I am and I have a view. Of Puget Sound.

Ok so where was I? Oh yeah. So by now you've looked at this photo and have wondered to yourselves "what is this freak putting up here and is it legal" or something to that effect.

I'm not promoting a Jenna Jameson film or something from the Red Shoe Diaries in case you're wondering about that.

The lovey wife and I had a weekend without kids (as we do once a month) and we were out and wandered into our local Bucca de Beppo for dinner. If you've ever been there you know how the place is decorated. There is a hodge podge of photos and poster from anytime period all over the walls relating to anything Italian.

So back to where I'm going with this. I'm sitting there and look up and POW-RIGHT IN MY EYE!! is this photo that has been blown up to a gallery sized display of this blonde having spaghetti, and some guy having spaghetti as well only he's eating from the "big boys" plate if you know what I mean.

Well all I can say is that eating a Bucca de Beppo will never be the same for me anymore. I'll have to make sure that I get sat in a different section next time to see what other crazy shite they have on the walls. I wonder if they have a Michael Corleone room in the place with a still of Sonny on the ground next to his Lincoln at the toll booth?

Well I think that's about it for now and the nothing ramblings. Hopefully the next post will actually be something worth reading to someone other than me.

No comments: