Follow kiltedtrvlagent on Twitter

Saturday, November 13, 2010

I think I'm a Chuck Taylor whore

For anyone that has known me for any amount of time knows that I covet the weirdest things. Some big , some small.

Men as a general rule do not care about fashion. There are two rules to that make an exception to my previous statement: Gay men, and men with enough money to have a good personal tailor.

I am neither. Although there are some women out there that have just enough of a shrewish attitude that even a man-whore like me would even be willing to take a shot in the mouth. Fortunately I have never met those women.

I have some sense of fashion. I wear clothes that do go well together, but may not necessarily be standout fashion.

I love Converse. They are my weakness. My clothing kryptonite. I can't recall precisely when I received my first pair, but I instantly loved them. They fit my personality in a way that no other article of clothing could previously or since.

I seem to building quite a collection.

I have a healthy appreciation for skulls. As a person with an interest in the macbre and a love of Halloween and a punk rocker since birth, these are my favourites.


These are the only low rider Chucks that I own.These are technically Jack Purcell's since they are the low riders. Again, it's the whole Halloween, skulls things. These were available only through the Disney Store about 3 years ago. They even came in a box shaped like a toe-coffin.


These are my failsafe Chucks. My everyday wear. Basic black goes with everything from jeans, shorts, slacks and my kilt.


These are my newest find. My wonderful Paisley found this pair for me at one of the local thrift stores. I had to have them! These Chucks have been out of circulation for a few years!! You can't even get them from Chucks website.

I figure it's a pretty harmless obsession. It's not cheap though. Have you seen the price of a pair of Chucks lately? They are obscene but worth it.

Go get a pair of Chucks today.

No comments: