Follow kiltedtrvlagent on Twitter

Monday, August 9, 2010

Loaning things to family

It always happens. You have something in your possession that a relative wants to borrow.

Just about everyone who's anybody knows that I'm a movie whore and I have quite a few of them. I actually don't mind loaning out as long as my stuff is cared for. Movies are not cheap these days. Especially the BluRay discs.

On Easter my BIL finally had his computer center finished that would control his entertainment center and the disc drive is a BluRay player. He asked to borrow a couple and I'm more than happy to do so.

Angels and Demons and Death Race were the request. Little did I know that this would be the last time I would see Death Race.

The computer my BIL has in the rack lays on it's side so the DVD drive is on it's side as well. Well somewhere along the way, my disc had magically jumped out of the DVD drive and rolled into the back of the computer.

I finally got it back two weeks ago, minus the DVD case, and with with two spots that are now frozen and making the disc unwatchable.

It would have been nice to know that the case had been lost. There was no word of that.

Then it freezes 36 minutes in and again just over the hour mark. This is critical dialogue people!!!

What made the situation bad, was when it was mentioned to my BIL and SIL, they reacted poorly. We received a very confrontational response stating that "fine we just won't ask to borrow anything from you again".

I let them know what version I had........I always by the deluxe edition and with the iTunes copy for my iTouch. What they brought me was the deluxe without the iTunes. Grrr.

This is just the second run in I've had in a month with the BIL/SIL over the treatment of my belongings. See blog post from Enuff Stuff. I've stopped holding my breathe for an apology and have resigned myself to the fact that they will not be making my nephew be accountable for his actions.

I've never ruined a friendship over goods being returned broken, but relatives (even if by marriage) is another story.

No comments: