Follow kiltedtrvlagent on Twitter

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Movie Nite!! Popcorn for two please!!

So the wife and I have been purging in our home again. It's time to start that yearly spring cleaning and get rid of the things that we just don't need or use anymore.

So we have this movie collection. It's modest I would say. 399 movies worth of modest. I'm a film a geek and I know it. My wife not as much as me but she is nipping at my heels. After all she did attend Washington State University for film and theatre costuming.

We aren't purging our films. Sorry.

What we did decide to do was watch at least one movie a day (or more on weekends) and review it.

So whilst I've been home sick for the last couple of days I decided to inventory all the movies. I have one list for films with sequels, ie: Godfather trilogy, Star Wars trilogy, Riddick trilogy and basically any film that has at least one sequel.

The next list is comprised of the other films where there is only one and as such has no sequel, which I'm thankful for in regards to quite a few of these films.

Once each list was done they were each put into a master list combining the two lists together and then sorted in alphabetical form. Yes I sound like such a neat freak. I must confess that when it comes to my movie and music storage everything must be in alphabetical format and for those sequels they need to be chronological.

Shit. I am a neat freak.

So stay tuned for some fun critiquing of our personal inventory.

1 comment:

paisley penguin said...

Ha - my type A anal personality and mad excel skills have rubbed off on you! Ya for excel and movie lists!