Follow kiltedtrvlagent on Twitter

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Measuring your friends: part II

So last week I told you the story of a friend former friend that pretty much acted like a child and unfriened me on FB. BOO HOO.

Am I sad? No!

Should I be?  Why should I? He's a big fucking child! You don't do that to people. It's just bad form.

So the Paisley and I went to an anti-Valentine's day party on Saturday and our friend G was there. I decided to ask G if he knew why C had a problem with him. Well  as I suspected, C didn't get to the centre of attention at some point on G's FB page and unfriended him and now thinks that G is rude.

Digging even deeper, G had posted something almost 2 years ago on FB and  at some point C had made a negative comment to another commenter. That individual was offended by C's comment and G had sent C a PM to ask him to not make hurtful comments on his page to others and that he would be deleting C's comment.

C was not able to comprehend that this was an adult request and took offense. He lashed out at G verbally and lashed out on FB at the other commenter.

C is my age and he's acting no older than my 5 year old nephew!!

The best part was that when I saw C two weeks ago and was speaking to him, he could/would not look at me when I spoke to him and he would not respond to me. I might as well have been having a conversation with the dog. Dogs at least look at you and cock their heads when you speak to them if you use just the right tone.

Look, I understand that when a person has a lot of friends that not all their friends are not going to get along. I expect that. It's inevitable. What I can't wrap my mind around is how C has gotten this far in life without gaining the understanding of comprehension and manners and their correlation to each other.

I know enough people that honestly if C wants to act like this then I'm better off without having him as a friend. I'm in a good place where I have positive changes happening in my life for a change and I'm forming positive bonds with people IRL and virtually and I'm so grateful for these people.

So there's the follow up and this is now officially a black card topic. Cherish old friends and look forward to the new ones and forget the ones that show they aren't really your friends. They will only drag you down.

No comments: